The National Lekotek Center is a thought leader in advocating play and toys for children with special needs. Lekotek writes articles for special needs and consumer publications on a regular basis, posts articles and releases PR materials continually. Lekotek functions as a contributing editor on toys for special needs kids for several media outlets and offers editorial services to retailers, manufacturers and publishers
Examples of publishing partnerships:
- Toys-R-Us Guide to Differently-Abled Children – recommends and evaluates toys and writes copy for this yearly catalog. This publication is distributed in Toy “R” Us stores nationally and on their website.
- Parenting Special Needs – contributes column on toys for this bi-monthly online publication geared to parents of children with special needs.
- Chicago Special Parent – contributes column on play for this bi-annual special edition of “Chicago Parent” magazine and serves on Advisory Board
- ASTRA – contributes column encouraging specialty toy retailers to reach and relate to the special needs community for this association’s newsletter (American Specialty Toy Retailer’s Association).
- ASTRA’s Yourneighborhoodtoystore.org – Contributes bi-monthly article for consumers interested in learning more about the best toys on the market for this ASTRA-sponsored website.
- NAPPA: Serves as the lead toy judge for the annual National Parenting Publications Awards program evaluating toys and contributes article on children with special needs for the NAPPA website.
- PlayCore – partnered in writing “2 Play Together, Fostering Friendships through Inclusive Play” for this manufacturer’s brochure and conducts field testing of commercial and consumer playground equipment for children with special needs.
- EdPlay Magazine – contributes column on toys and play for children with special needs to this bi-monthly publication targeted to retail owners and managers whose stores sell toys.
- Educational Dealer Magazine – contributes column on toys and play for children with special needs to this 5x a year publication targeted to retail owners and managers whose stores sell to teachers and schools.
- Friendship Circle blog – Contributes monthly articles on toys and play to this non-profit’s website that focuses on topics helpful to parents and children with special nee
- Understanding Children, by Richard Saul Wurman – provided editorial services to chapter on play.
As an active supporter of the value of play, Lekotek promotes the importance of finding appropriate toys for children of all abilities. We welcome partnerships with any manufacturer, retailers or organization that shares those important goals.
For more information, contact Lekotek at 773-528-5766 x 404