In addition to the traditional Lekotek programs, Lekoteks across the country have unique and innovative programming that meets the needs of their communities.
Some of the additional programs Lekotek offers around the country include:
- Special Events - field trips, themed parties
- CompuCamp - Computer-based summer camps
- Parent Support Groups - gathering parents to share advice and experiences
- Parent trainings
- Parent Resource library - Parenting and play ideas, disability information, referrals to additional services and help in advocating for their child
- Professional Trainings
- Professional Toy Lending
- AblePlay - Website developed by Lekotek which provides independent ratings and reviews of toys for children with special needs. Families can search the AblePlay toy database to find toys that are suitable for various disability categories. Extensive AblePlay toy reviews include complete toy descriptions, unique play ideas for each disability category, as well as the developmental processes promoted for each toy.